Subject: Re: Cutting open objects
From: [email-masked] (Jim McCabe)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 1994 15:10:39 -0700

J. Moore writes:

>LL> >>As far as the 2-D animation, if you have a program such as DPaint you
>LL> can
>LL> >>make the animation there, then break it into indivudal frames using
>LL> ADPro
>LL> >                                                                    
>LL> ^^^^^
>LL> >
>LL> >     Why not just use DPaint itself?
>LL> >
>
>LL> The way I understood it Eric was interested in including a 2-D graph
>LL> animation within a 3-D animation of engine cylinders. I'm not sure how
>LL> you would use a DPaint animation directly in a Lightwave animation. The
>LL> only way I know is to break it apart and image map it in the Lightwave
>LL> animation. Is there a way ?
>
>You break it apart using DPaint.  (One of the unfortunate habits of
>Toaster users is continually advising people to buy expensive tools to
>do something that a tool the advisee already has can do.)

Not intentionally, I assure you. I realize you can break it apart with
DPaint, but how do you put it in a format which Lightwave can use
to image map ?